The Kissing Bridge
The trailway's namesake, the Kissing Bridge, is worth the 2 km detour into West Montrose. It's Ontario's last covered bridge.
The Region of Waterloo, in collaboration with the Township of Woolwich and local residents, is committed to maintaining the West Montrose Covered Bridge as a viable open bridge with the appropriate limitations to ensure that the heritage integrity of the structure is conserved.
Please note: The West Montrose Covered Bridge has a 3 tonne load limit and should not be crossed by trucks, buses, tractors or other heavy vehicles.
- Enjoy some ice-cream on the porch the Ariss Village Variety, and watch the donkey and llamas.
- Stop for lunch at Ariss Take-out or Ariss Valley Golf and Country Club.
- Take in stunning views of the Conestogo River.
- Grab a cold drink at the Wallenstein General Store.
- See the adjacent farm properties.
- Stop by Linwood to see some of the heritage buildings.